Thread: Metatrader 4 Going Slow?

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent

Metatrader 4 Going Slow?

My Metatrader 4 is going terribly slow. I have a very powerful computer, i7 core with 8Gb's of ram. Why could it be going so slow?

Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    How many charts do you have open, and more importantly, what indicators do you have on the chart and how many of them do you have.

When you have certain memory and CPU intensive indicators it can really slow down your computer, bringing it to a halt, no matter how fast your computer is. Therefore, only have essential charts and indicators open in Metatrader as Metatrader seems to use excessive computer resources.

So try stripping down the charts and the indicators and let me know if it's fixed your problem.

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    Could be a number of things.

To start with, do other programs on your computer run smoothly, or is it just MT?

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    UncleBucks answer for the win tbh, however, mine was running killer slow this morning for a couple of hours. I thought it was having too many google chrome windows open as I have loads of them open, but it happened to be a program I had open which was running in a continuous loop, which was taking up 100% of one of my CPU's.

So check your system processes and see what's eating up your memory and or CPU. If it's alpari do what Buck said, if it's something else then it's nothing to do with MT4.

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    Hoorrah! I've fixed it now. The problem was my charts being so over loaded. As soon as I loaded up MT4 I closed as many charts as I could before it hung. After a few times of rinsing and repeating I closed all the charts and now it's running sweet as ice cream with strawberry sauce! =D

Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    Quote Originally Posted by MissPips View Post
    Hoorrah! I've fixed it now. The problem was my charts being so over loaded. As soon as I loaded up MT4 I closed as many charts as I could before it hung. After a few times of rinsing and repeating I closed all the charts and now it's running sweet as ice cream with strawberry sauce! =D
    Hihihi, do you opening a lot of chart on your komputer??
    Why don'e you focus in one or three charts?. it would make your chart move smoothly.

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    Which computer system you are using? Mine was running constantly at 98% cpu...

Thread Information