Hi, don't know if you're still stuck on this, but if you are:
To be able to load an EA (or script, or indicator) you must first compile the source code (*.mq4 file) into the *.ex4 file.
1. Save the *.mq4 file to the /experts folder of the Metatrader installation on your PC
2. Open the "MetaEditor" program (it has an icon with a black "!" on a yellow diamond)
3. Go to File->Open and locate the *.mq4 source file you saved in step 1.
4. Press the "Compile" button and verify that no errors are generated (in the output window) when making the *.ex4 file.
5. Go to MT4 and in the EA section of the Navigator you should now see the name of the EA compiled in step 4.
6. Now you can try to load the EA and set it running. Suggest you do this only on a demo account until you have fully tested the EA!