Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: EUR/USD

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    Looks like a test of 1.4460 could be coming up after the dust settles. With the tug of war between risk off and the weak USD, I think the USD will win this friday.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eurusd.gif 
Views:	169 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	398  
    Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    1.4460 hit already, happened sooner than I had expected, but quite predictable.

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    I'm waiting for a decent entry point.. It's quite tantalizing at the moment.

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    The EUR/USD has clearly been in an uptrend as per the chart below, however the sovereign debt looming over the Euro from Portugal and Greece is a real concern, that's why I'm not wanting to buy at this point.

I believe price is likely to drop faster than it will climb (up like a stair case and down in the elevator), however, price could still climb and touch 1.47 first.

In the next month I believe prive will fall and be around the 1.43 level.

Views:	168 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	399  

Altamonte Springs, Florida, United States
    Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    Quote Originally Posted by yes View Post
    If Anybody is interested, this is from the European Central bank.
    Woah this is nice. What does this all mean exactly?

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    Quote Originally Posted by FXBear View Post
    I'm waiting for a decent entry point.. It's quite tantalizing at the moment.
    Yeah, it's still at the point where it could go either way. Apparently, the USD has weakened partly becase of a comment made by a Chinese official about their excessive asset holdings.

Altamonte Springs, Florida, United States
    Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    Oh yeah! I think the retreat from 1.500 last month was a strong correction. I'm firm that it'll reach 1.5000 again.

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    Quote Originally Posted by Vialpando View Post
    Woah this is nice. What does this all mean exactly?
    That was liquidity data from the European Central Bank. There's info on it here - http://www.ecb.int/mopo/liq/html/index.en.html

Copied below:

Simplified Eurosystem balance sheet

Assets (liquidity supply) Liabilities (liquidity needs) Open market operations Current accounts Marginal lending facility Deposit facility Net liquidity effect from Autonomous Factors and SMP

The liquidity needs of the banking system result from the minimum reserve requirements imposed on euro area credit

institutions and from autonomous factors, which are normally beyond the direct control of the ECB. Such factors can be banknotes
    in circulation and government deposits with some national central banks.
    The ECB normally aims to satisfy the liquidity needs of the banking system via its open market operations.
    Finally, counterparties can access the Eurosystem's standing facilities with an overnight maturity.

Reflecting non-standard monetary policy measures

The regular publication of figures relating to the liquidity position of the euro area banking system vis-à-vis the Eurosystem also takes into account all non-standard monetary policy measures that have been used since August 2007:

• Covered Bond Purchase Programme: The liquidity provision coming from the covered bond portfolio is displayed under open market operations.
    • Securities Markets Programme*: The liquidity provision coming from the securities markets programme is displayed together with autonomous factors under an item called “Net liquidity effect from autonomous factors and SMP”. The liquidity-absorbing operations that are carried out to sterilize the liquidity provided through the SMP are shown under open market operations.
    • Foreign exchange swap operations: The euro liquidity absorption resulting from the provision of foreign currency to Eurosystem counterparties via FX swaps was discontinued in January 2010. Until June 2009, this euro liquidity absorption was displayed under autonomous factors, while thereafter is has been part of outstanding open market operations.
    • The benchmark allotment amount for main refinancing operations, takes into account the liquidity effect of all non-standard measures. For illustrations on the calculation of the benchmark allotment amount, please see the dedicated document “Calculation of the benchmark allotment in the main refinancing operations”.

* Outstanding amounts of liquidity provided under the Securities Markets Programme can be found on the Weekly Financial Statement of the Eurosystem as well as in the section "Open Market Operations.

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    Quote Originally Posted by Vialpando View Post
    Oh yeah! I think the retreat from 1.500 last month was a strong correction. I'm firm that it'll reach 1.5000 again.
    Possibly. What are the different reasons for you believing it'll reach 1.50. I'm not saying it's not going to happen, I just want to know reasons.

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    From a purely technical analysis perspective the arguments are below:

Bullish:

• Price is still above trend line
    • High Volume on current bar pushing up, while decreasing volume on small dojis and spinning top previous 2 bars.
    • All major moving averages below.
    • Bullish chart pattern

Bearish:

• Several of the stochastics are overbought, suggesting a correction in recent trend may be in effect - this could well take us to 1.45, then a bounce up from there (possible scenario).
    • The current trend looks like it could be running out of a bit of steam and may be due a correction / profit taking.

Other:

Break of 1.47 may call on 1.50 which is a hard hard barrier to break. I don't think in its current state the EURO has the strength to hold above it, even with the weak dollar.

Views:	160 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	400  

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information