Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice on getting started

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent

Advice on getting started

Looking to start implementing some of the practices that I've been reading about on a realtime demo account. I know demo accounts don't truly reflect the "real markets" but I think it's a good way for me to get into the swing of things.

Similar Threads:

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    hey there,

I guess some good brokers offer nice demo accounts features and allow you to trade demo money as trading using a live account ... if you are sure you can start trading real money then good luck go ahead if you are ready and I can advise you to look for a decent respectable broker !

3. The Following User Says Thank You to moussa For This Useful Post:

FXBear (02-29-2012)

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    Appreciate the response - I'd completely forgot about this thread to be honest. I'm still in the process of grinding out some more theory before I jump into a demo account. I actually downloaded MT and started playing around but found the entire experience daunting.

Any other advice you can offer? Perhaps some good resources to kick start my action!

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    Quote Originally Posted by FXBear View Post
    Appreciate the response - I'd completely forgot about this thread to be honest. I'm still in the process of grinding out some more theory before I jump into a demo account. I actually downloaded MT and started playing around but found the entire experience daunting.

Any other advice you can offer? Perhaps some good resources to kick start my action!
    seems you are having troubles my friend on starting to trade forex....one of a very good beginners tool (i might say) is zulutrade - you sign up open a demo for free and test and back-test pretty much realistically the signals( you can eve n include slippage in the the back-testing...) good part is that you can test all the SPs (final results are real and not hypothetical as other trading platform of that sort tend to do)...

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    Measure everything of significance. I swear this is true. Anything that is measured and watched, improves.

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    Quote Originally Posted by angelnish View Post
    Measure everything of significance. I swear this is true. Anything that is measured and watched, improves.
    I'd totally agree with you. Most people see an indicator telling them to trade in a particular direction, and they think that indicator has 'Significance'. This is an illusion in most cases!

It's important to find that MACRO piece of information which is THE market driver.

I loved that word you used, 'Significance', as I believe that's what Forex is about.

General of the Forex World.

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    Thanks MegaWham but You are more experienced than me, and you seem to be among the best trader....

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaWham View Post
    I'd totally agree with you. Most people see an indicator telling them to trade in a particular direction, and they think that indicator has 'Significance'. This is an illusion in most cases!

It's important to find that MACRO piece of information which is THE market driver.

I loved that word you used, 'Significance', as I believe that's what Forex is about.
    i totally agree with you...i am also looking into it...but you know i have a doubt that this significant market drive is already implemented in the market once it gets announced..so the move is not clear...any comments on that?

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    It’s important to remember that trading success is defined over a large series of trades, not over one or two. This means that you should not give too much significance to any one trade, and the way to do this is by never risking more than you are comfortable with losing per trade. By that I mean, never risk an amount that keeps you up at night thinking about or watching your trades. Remember to take small losses and that you are going to have losing trades; it’s just part of doing business in the Forex market.

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    It’s important to remember that trading success is defined over a large series of trades, not over one or two. This means that you should not give too much significance to any one trade, and the way to do this is by never risking more than you are comfortable with losing per trade. By that I mean, never risk an amount that keeps you up at night thinking about or watching your trades. Remember to take small losses and that you are going to have losing trades; it’s just part of doing business in the Forex market.
    Quote Originally Posted by inthemoneyforex View Post
    i totally agree with you...i am also looking into it...but you know i have a doubt that this significant market drive is already implemented in the market once it gets announced..so the move is not clear...any comments on that?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information