Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Could the 1-2-3 Pattern be the Holy Grail?

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent

Question Could the 1-2-3 Pattern be the Holy Grail?

Hi Everyone,
    I have only just joined but since this isn't cluttered and I haven't found a post on it in the patterns section, I thought I'd start if off!
    I have been trading Forex on & off for a couple of years and although I am profitable, I have only been trading tiny positions and have had great trouble sticking with any one system due to a number of factors - the main one being that I don't want to be dependant on a fixed system which may not work long term but the one thing we can all agree on is that if we look at a chart of any currency or Index, the price never goes up in a solid line, it retraces then continues in EVERY case and so I have decided to make this my mission - Instead of trying to master price action and all the different patterns, I am going to see what I can do to make a workable system from the base foundation of the 1-2-3 Pattern.
    I will start to post up some images in the coming week and will discuss my findings here so we can all benefit from any observations!
    I think the first area is to drill down to which points we should take as the swing highs and swing lows as there are several methods....using fractals, visual swings and TD points which are a type of swing high/low created/found by Tom DeMark.

I think that'll do for me now....watch this space

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    Hi Stonecold! I'll definitely be watching this space. I have tinkled with DeMark and his number sequences about 3 or so years ago. I'll see what I have on my computer about it as I did have some PDF's on some of his principles.

Do you have the indicators? I have some of the indicators on my PC I think, from what I remember, PL Dot, TD Sequential. Do you have those? If not I'll try to fish them out and upload them. I remember at the time they were a bit hard to find.

What trading platform are you using? Do you want to trade manual or quantitatively?

I know what you mean with not having a fixed systems as one has to remain fluid along with the markets; that's the key. I'd be very interested in exploring some different ideas with you and seeing what works. I've been trading for quite a number of years now and have seen most of the things under the sun, but I would be interested in going back to some of them and applying them.

You mentioned fractals; it reminded me of Murrey Maths lines. It would also be interesting to look into those, and even how reliable methods such as pivot points are.

I think if we can find a collection of methods that GENUINELY work by themselves, and then wait for two, three or whatever number of those reasons to enter a trade point in the same direction, that confluence of points could make for a high probability trade.

Well, I'm looking forward to exploring some ideas with you. I better sleep now: tis late in London!

Last edited by theMoney; 01-22-2012 at 11:33 PM. Reason: embarrassing typos :o
    I am The Money

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent

Smile Checking back!

Hi Money,

I didn't mention but I am in the South East of England in a small town in Portsmouth so we should be on the same time zone!
    The only thing I have to be up front with, is that I am disabled and at home with fairly severe health problems but I can get out from time to time etc but one of the problems can be sleep due to the meds so if I don't manage to post as often as I'd like...please forgive me.
    I have had one of those days today and so won't likely post again until tomorrow afternoon evening but hopefully with some content and I have sorted out my photobucket account so I can attach screenshots etc. :-)

By for now,

Stonecold

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent

Lightbulb A Couple of Screenshots Showing Newly Found Strategy!

Hi Everyone,

I'm not quite sure why but I seem to have 'lost' my last post where I said I would try my best to post frequently but may not be able to due to my health but anyway here's a couple of screenshots I took showing the 'standard' 1-2-3 and another method which I only recently discovered called the 'Kevin Haggerty 123 Method'

I'll be back tomorrow hopefully
    p.s.
    The pictures wouldn't view properly on here so I have had to use a link to see them - I hope this is ok by the admins as I wouldn't link to any product or site just this is my photo gallery and should allow viewing of the pictures in the correct size!
    Also, unfortunately the chart had moved and I didn't realise it so the numbers are a little offset :-o DOh!
    Here we go...

1. The Standard 1-2-3

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AlternativeMethod.png 
Views:	969 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	730

2. The Kevin Haggerty Method

Name:	1-2-3Haggerty.png 
Views:	924 
Size:	140.9 KB 
ID:	731

Stonecold

Last edited by Stonecold69; 02-06-2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Format Wrong

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stonecold69 For This Useful Post:

AdventureTrader (02-11-2012)

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    Hey Guys n' Gals?
    I'd love to continue with this thread but I have done two posts now one of which had a bit of writing and two screenshots and as far as I can tell, the posts have disappeared??? First off I had 'waiting for moderator' and now nothing?
    I'll check back to se eif anyone has a suggestion otherwise I'll have to move to my own blog or something :-o

Stonecold

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    Hi Stonecold, your previous comment was automatically moderated (into moderation queue) as it had an external link while you have less than 15 posts (to stop spammers).

In regards to the attachments, you have to upload the images first by clicking "Add Files". Once you've done that, you'll be able to press 'Insert Inline' in the bottom right of the attachments manager. This will add the attachment as you can see above.

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    Hi Stonecold!

I should be in bed right now as I'm off to Finland tomorrow until monday, and I'm leaving early in the morning! I found some of those files on my computer, I've attached them for you.

Sorry to hear about your sickness, I hope you get well. I don't want you feeling pressured to reply to me; take it at your pace, after all, this is your thread, this is your party, this is your BBQ!!

How long have you been trading?

Attached Files Attached Files
    I am The Money

9. The Following User Says Thank You to theMoney For This Useful Post:

Stonecold69 (02-27-2012)

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent

Links to Previous Screenshots plus reply

Hi Money and anyone else reading!

I'm about to start market watching but just wanted to add links to the two photos in my previous post - admin are allowing me to post links since you won't be able to read the text and detail in them!
    Thanks for the reply and I'll do my best to keep adding content - I do have those indicators but thank you very much for the thought! Hope you have a good trip

Links to Screenshots:

1. http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/...tiveMethod.png

2. http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/...-3Haggerty.png

Edit: The Photos still look too small and it may be a photobucket thing so I'll look into it later today after trading!

That's it for now!

Stonecold

Last edited by Stonecold69; 01-26-2012 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Problem with pics

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent
    Stonecold, very interesting thread. Sorry to be ignorant, but what exactly is a standard 123 and what is The Kevin Haggerty Method. I'm not famliar with either

Thanks
    Forex Ability & Talent

Lightbulb Basic Description

Quote Originally Posted by HannaLors View Post
    Stonecold, very interesting thread. Sorry to be ignorant, but what exactly is a standard 123 and what is The Kevin Haggerty Method. I'm not famliar with either
    Hy Hanna,

No problem, I haven't got a lot of time right now but here is an example of a 1-2-3 and a brief description is in the screenshot.....

The Kevin-Haggerty 1-2-3 Is a little more 'involved' and I will be making seperate posts on these but for now, here is the basis of all 1-2-3's....The Kevin Haggerty method still works around the 1-2-3 'foundation' though!
    Please take it as 'Red Arrow' in the picture where it says 'Green Arrow' as I changed it at the last minute and forgot about text! Doh!

Name:	1-2-3 Example for forum.PNG 
Views:	2935 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	732

SO basically as price is trending downwards, it will make retracements and in this process, it will produce pivots which are marked in this example '2' and '3' so price is moving down (1) then retraces briefly against the trend, forming a swing low/ low pivot '2' as it rises against the trend and then when this retracement ends and price starts to head back in the original (downward) direction, it forms another pivot or swing high '3' Now we have the basis of a 1-2-3 Pattern and we are now looking to enter in the direction of the original trend (Down i.e. Short trade) if the low of Pivot '2' is breached. Our protective stop will go a couple of pips above the swing high/high pivot '3' and the target is down to you but often people will aim for 1:1, 1:1.5 or 1:2.....as well, you can trail the stop as in many cases the move can be significant!

Hope this helps for now and I'll try and post some more by Sunday

Last edited by Stonecold69; 01-27-2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: More Detail

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information